From Science to Mad Science

"You started something new" sounds good to hear but is really hard to do so.
One such decision marks the #StartANewLife for me.

We all had plans after our School, so did I. Science was what I opted for to start my college life.
Physics screwed up my life, got all the equations wrong in Chemistry, Botany was a sleeping pill, Mathematics alone kept me interested for all this while.
Struggle was always on as choosing Science as the option was considered a priced decision and than comes the judgement and suggestions around it. Lectures started too early in the morning and bored me a lot. only exciting thing was to wear a Lab coat for practical which made me look like a Scientist or a Doctor.
Cutting the Rat made me feel like a Butcher, Calibrating the instruments in physics lab was tougher than defusing a bomb. "Padai kar" was a common suggestion by everyone around as if the life is only about studying. It was very difficult to explain the difficulty I was going through as opting for science was my very own decision. I decided that since I have opted for it I should complete my HSC and then decide what to do in future.
Some how I cleared my 11th grade courtesy grace marks since the professor were good to us. HSC cleared courtesy the classes that I went for.
It was time to make a decision and to bounce it off my father. I decided to choose BMM for graduation. The course itself is new and is a unaided course in all the colleges. The difficult part was to explain what will I do in the course and after BMM. Even I was clueless.
I decided to discuss the same with my father. He was listening to me with a poker face on. I knew it was going be hard to sell it to him. He asked me about degree in field of Science? I told him that's not meant for me as i wanted to explore Media for my carrier. We argued on the future and Job options. I was firm all this while. I was low and demotivated, but after 4 days my father comes to me and tells me I respect your decision and just make sure that you don't let me down.
I almost cried when I heard that coming from my Father. I wanted to jump and hug him tight but we know our fathers are not that cool, so chuck it.
That was my start to a new life. In three years of my course, me n my group won several college awards for Short film making and so on.
At the end of it I am Happy and so are my parents. So go ahead and #StartANewLife.

Comments